Checks can be mailed to: Ramah in the Rockies, 300 S Dahlia St, Suite 205, Denver, CO 80246
Ramah in the Rockies is a Colorado 501(c)3 public charity. Tax Id #20-4078988
Colorado Residents: Your gift of $500 or more may be eligible for a Colorado Childcare Tax Credit. To receive the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Path to the Next Normal Campaign
To return to our Ranch in 2021, we need funds for:
Increased camper scholarships
COVID-related safety infrastructure
Back in March 2020, we couldn’t have imagined the possibility of a canceled summer, let alone the ongoing impact and uncertainty the pandemic continues to cast over our lives. During these months, we have found new and exciting ways to carry out our mission through meaningful year-round engagement of campers, staff, and families via our digital platforms. We have cut expenses, raised funds, and pivoted toward this next normal.
As we count down the days until we can reopen our ranch, we know our kids need camp more than ever! Your support will help to sustain our community during these trying times. Together, we will continue to shape the lives of hundreds of Jewish youth who will become the leaders of tomorrow.
Multi-year pledges welcome
By Kayitz 2021 we will have completed our major capital rebuilding projects started after the 2017 fire that burned our lodge. We will reopen with a new kitchen, wellness center, administrative center and bathrooms. We will have begun our transition to solar energy throughout the ranch and plan to make further environmental upgrades in the years to come. We welcome help with the following naming opportunities:
Name our Ranch: $5 million
Create an enduring legacy by adding your name to our camp
Name our Mirpa’ah: $750,000
A state-of-the-art facility providing triage, isolation, and sick care to our community
Expanded kitchen to better serve our camp community
Covered Patio: $75,000
A place for groups to gather and to learn during meals
Retention Pond: $1 million
Water is a scarce resource in Colorado. To remain stewards of our water-rights we need to collect water year-round to better control our flow
Year Round Administrative and Dining Facility: $500,000
Provide a place for staff to work during the summer and for retreat guests to gather during the winter
Solar Panels: $25,000-$100,000
Help us harness the energy from the sun, reduce our energy bills and help the environment (we hope to install three arrays of different sizes in the coming twelve months)
Medical Staff Kitchen & Lounge: $55,000
Give our medical team space to re-energize during the fast pace of summer camp
Handwashing Stations & outdoor Seating areas: $18,000
Become a menschMAKER!
What does it take to transform that kid in front of you? Ramah in the Rockies knows, and we challenge every camper every summer to discover their inner mensch. You, too, can help. By investing as a monthly menschMAKER, you can ensure that every Jewish kid has the opportunity to learn and grow at Ramah in the Rockies, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
(As of February 2021)
- Dirk Bird – Former Board Member
- Rabbi Eliav Bock – Year Round Staff
- Ariella Bock
- Richard Brener – Former Summer Staff
- Julia Chatinover – Year Round Staff
- Rabbi Deena Cowans – Former Summer Staff
- Aviva Dollin – Former Summer Staff/Camper
- Stephen Feinberg – Founding MenschMaker/Former Summer Staff
- Ryan Fleischer – Former Summer Staff/Camper
- Rebecca Geboff – Former Summer Staff
- Samantha Greenberg – Founding MenschMaker/Former Summer Staff
- Karen Halpert – Former Camp Doctor
- Jeffrey Harris – Former Summer Staff
- Matt Levitt – Year Round Staff
- Avram Pachter – Year Round Staff
- Rabbi Miriam Potok – Former Summer Staff
- Rabbi Shira Rosenblum – Former Summer Staff
- Julia Russell – Former Summer Staff
- Leah Schulz – Former Summer Staff
- Nomi Small – Former Summer Staff/Camper
- Scott Spitzer – Summer Staff
- Helene Tapper
- Ben Tischler – Former Summer Staff/Current Board Member
- Zach Usmani – Year Round Staff
- Stacy Wasserman – Year Round Staff
- Gabi Wasserman – Former Summer Staff and Bamidbar Staff
Sign up today
in 5 easy steps:
- Click here to start a new donation
- Enter donation information with either bank account or credit card
- After “Total Donation” SELECT either “Weekly” or “Monthly to make a recurring gift
- Click “next” and confirm your donation
- Celebrate! You are now a monthly menschMAKER, giving a meaningful monthly gift to Ramah in the Rockies!
menschMAKERs giving at $10 or more per month will receive our annual camp t-shirt with menschMAKER printed on the back!
Ramah in the Rockies is excited to announce that we have been selected to participate with 27 other local Jewish organizations in Live On | LIFE & LEGACY™, a program that supports Jewish organizations in securing legacy gifts.
Live On: Build Your Jewish Legacy, an initiative of Rose Community Foundation, and LIFE & LEGACY™, a partnership program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, have joined together to strengthen the Greater Denver/Boulder Jewish communities by encouraging endowment building and legacy giving. Live On | LIFE & LEGACY™ provides training, support, and incentive grants to the participating organizations to encourage legacy gift solicitations and donor commitments that will benefit Jewish organizations for future generations.
To remember Ramah in the Rockies with a gift in your will, trust, retirement plan or life insurance policy please contact rabbi Eliav Bock, at email@example.com.
Declaration of Commitment Form
In keeping with Jewish tradition, I/we wish to share my/our blessings with others. Therefore, I/we make this Declaration of Commitment to help provide for the needs of future generations. Please download the form here: Declaration of Commitment_Ramah in the Rockies
Program Details and Partnerships
The Rose Community Foundation and Harold Grinspoon Foundation are committed to helping Jewish nonprofits secure their future through endowment building and legacy giving. Launched in 2005, Live On: Build Your Jewish Legacy has provided incentive grants, marketing resources and training to 37 organizations to help nonprofits ask for bequests and legacy gifts. To learn more visit https://hgf.org/programs/life-legacy
Gift and Tax Information
Ramah in the Rockies is a Colorado not-for-profit 501(c)3 public charity and your donation may qualify for a tax deduction (Tax ID #20-4078988). To remember Ramah in the Rockies with a gift in your will, trust, retirement plan or life insurance policy please contact:
Volunteer at Camp
Ramah in the Rockies has year-round volunteer opportunities, such as hosting a recruitment parlor meeting or connecting over coffee with a prospective family in your area. Complete the simple 2-page form below or contact Julia Chatinover at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Join our board
Ramah in the Rockies is actively looking to engage leaders to fill several positions on our board of directors, the elected group of volunteers who support the work of Ramah in the Rockies, and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance for our organization.
Below is more information about the current desired skill set and commitment we ask from each board member. Being engaged, participating in a committee, and making a meaningful financial contribution are all part of the job. Those interested in non-profit board service, but not ready to make the full board commitment yet, are encouraged to join a committee like finance, fundraising, governance, or program to support board efforts behind the scenes to get a taste. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on Ramah in the Rockies for generations to come.
Board of Directors
(as of December 2020)
- David Engleberg
- Rabbi Salomon Gruenwald
- Susan Harris
- Risa Isard
- Scott Michaud, President
- Jennifer Miller
- Dr. Marcus Oginsky, Secretary
- Gil Rosenthal, Past President
- Joel Sisk
- Donald Skupsky
- Ben Tischler, Treasurer
Key Board Skills Desired
(As of December 2020)
Budgeting and Financial Planning – CFO, CPA (finance, management), Financial Advisor
- Develop an annual operating budget with staff
- Develop multi-year operating budgets that integrate strategic plan objectives and initiatives
- Connections to financial institutions (including non-profit funding sources)
- Investment Policy (draft, monitor and update)
Accounting/Internal Controls/Reporting – CPA (management), Bookkeeper
- Identify and evaluate appropriate accounting technologies
- Monitoring compliance with accounting policies
- Monitoring bank accounts (restricted, etc.) and investments
- Support financial risk management policies by using industry standards
Tax – CPA (tax), tax attorney
- Select tax accountant
- Review the draft tax return as presented
- Present the tax return to the finance committee/board
- Provide advice regarding tax matters as they arise. Some examples: state employment tax issued (wage and hour), property tax exemptions
Marketing / Advertising / Online Media
- Provide advice around online marketing and digital presence
- Expertise with driving website traffic / SEO / Google Ad Words / Digital Analytics to guide staff decisions
- Introduce new and unique online recruitment tools for campers and staff
- Experience with non-profit fundraising, legacy gifts, and donor engagement
- Support staff with design and implementation of annual fundraising plan
- Help refresh annual “gratitude week” and engage in stewardship for all donors
Aurora Organic Dairy
Aurora Organic Dairy supplies our organic milk. Aurora Organic Dairy is the leading producer of private-brand organic milk and butter for U.S. retailers. Based in Boulder, CO, they operate a calf ranch and organic dairy farms in Colorado and Texas, as well as an organic dairy processing plant in Platteville, Colorado. For the past eight summers they have provided us with fresh kosher organic milk throughout the summer.
Leprino Foods supplies our kosher mozzarella cheese. Leprino Foods began as a small, family-owned market selling grocery items and handmade cheese in Denver, Colorado and has blossomed into largest mozzarella producer in the world. Leprino cheese is found in many well-known pizzerias, restaurants, private label packages, and frozen foods. The company also is a global leader in dairy nutrition, recognized as the largest lactose producer in the world and a leading supplier of whey protein. We have been using their cheese to make our tasty pizza, grilled cheese, and famous mac N’ cheese for the last seven summers!
Noah’s Ark Rafting & Adventure Co.
For the last seven summers we’ve been working with Noah’s Ark Colorado Rafting to send our campers on amazing Whitewater Rafting masa’ot (backcountry excursions) down the world-class Arkansas River – Colorado’s #1 most rafted river. These masa’ot are a camper favorite every summer! Noah’s Ark has been a nationally recognized industry leader in outdoor recreation since 1983