We know it is that time of year: when everyone is scrambling to get ready for summer camp. We wanted to make your life a bit easier, and share this top ten list with you, adapted by our Director of Camper Care, Rafi Daugherty.
1. Print up our packing list to make it easy to “check off” items you have packed!
2. Make sure everything you are sending is labeled clearly with your kid’s full name (initials aren’t enough!) Current coupons for LabelYourStuff can be used by entering code “RAMAH”.
3. Pre-address and stamp postcards or letters home from your camper(s).
4. Make sure hiking boots are being broken in and fit well.
5. Be sure that all of your forms are filled out and that we know about any medications or special needs your child might have.
6. Talk to your kid(s) about coping skills for times at camp when they might feel lonely, sad, frustrated, or upset.
7. Start getting letters/care packages ready to send (remember that it takes longer to get mail out at camp!)
8. Brainstorm with your child(ren) about games or activities they can bring to share with their bunkmates and friends (no electronics please!)
9. Talk to your kiddo about how happy and proud you are that they are going to have this awesome summer experience! They will leave with memories that can last a lifetime!
BONUS TIP: Make sure to smile and take it easy- your kid is going to have an amazing time!