The Midah Project
UPDATE: You can also email your artwork, if created digitally, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have extended our deadline. Please send us your artwork by November 15.
Each summer we build a Kehillah Kedosha based on our four core values: Kavod (Honor/Respect), Simcha (Joy), Growth, and Connection. We miss having you as a part of our Kehillah Kedosha. Although it is still summer, we are already thinking ahead to 2017 and to welcoming you back to our ranch.
To prepare for next summer, we are creating a new mural
depicting our camp’s values – that will be mounted before your return for Kayitz 2017.
At the same time, we are beginning to raise scholarship money to ensure that every Jewish child who wants to experience Ramah in the Rockies can afford to do so.
To accomplish these goals, we are inviting every member of our 2016 Kehillah Kedosha to create one tile on our new wall mural.
To add your tile to the mural, take a square piece of paper (it has to measure 8”x8”) and draw/color your favorite memory, ideally one that relates to one of our four core values. Your
design could be with words, pictures, or a combination of both. Your picture will be imprinted on a permanent glazed tile that will be mounted to our new values wall.
Our goal is to have every one of our 470+ chalutzim participate in this project.
Please return your finished artwork to us so that we can create your tile. If you are in the positionto do so, please ask a parent, grandparent, or a generous friend to consider a $54+ donation to our scholarship fund. Checks can be mailed along with the artwork or donations can be made online [bit.ly/SupportRamah]. Our goal is full participation from our chalutzim, and if you cannot make a donation at this time, we still want your tile in our mural.
Below are the art instructions for making the tiles. If you have any questions, please contact Ari Polsky at email@example.com or 303-261-8214.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and participation.
Tile Project Art Instructions
What Materials work?
- Any color sheet of paper (not neon!) that is no larger than 8”x8”
- Any kind of markers, pastels, crayons, or paint
- Please be sure to apply pressure with colored pencils to create a bold design!
- Paper collage
- Photographs or computer art work (original artwork only, copyrighted material does not work)
What materials DON’T work?
- Lined paper
- Folded paper (the crease will show up when scanned)
- Modge-podge or glued finish (or anything glossy)
- Neon/Florescent/DayGlo papers or paints
- Marking on both sides of the paper (as the reverse might show through when scanned)
- Copyrighted material
- Anything 3D attached (macaroni, twigs, etc.)
Other things to know:
- What you submit on paper is what will be transferred to the tile
- Please know we are unable to return originals
- All artwork should be sent to us:
Ramah in the Rockies
300 S Dahlia St #205
Denver CO 80246
UPDATE: You can also email your artwork, if created digitally, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Ari Polsky at email@example.com or 303-261-8214 with any questions.
We can’t wait to see your contribution to our camp mural!